King-size and queen-size beds vary from country to country, but nowadays they are becoming more standardized due to increasing global trade. Choosing the right-size bed is a difficult decision to make as it can impact your comfort and quality of sleep. King-size and queen-size are two of the most popular bed sizes so you can choose one depending on your requirements. Choosing the right bed size depends on the size of your bedroom and whether it is for a single person or a couple. While a king-size bed is suitable for large master bedrooms of 10X14 feet. It is ideal for small families with couples and infants to sleep comfortably. A queen-size bed is compact and is suitable for medium-sized bedrooms of 10×12 feet. This is perfect for couples who require moderate space to move around while sleeping.
Pros and cons of King sized bed:
King-Sized Bed Pros:
- More space for mattress
- Better storage area
- Comfortable for couples with infants
- Perfect for plus-size people
- Suitable for master bedrooms
- Large size
King-Sized Bed Cons:
● Not suitable for small bedrooms
● Tough to move around
Pros and cons of queen-size beds:
Queen-size beds Pros:
● Better comfort for two people
● Widely available
● Come in a variety of styles and price range
● Less expensive and budget-friendly
● Great for small or medium-sized bedrooms
Queen-size beds Cons:
● They are difficult to move around
● They are not large enough for the sleeper who moves around
How to choose a bed size?
When choosing a bed size, make sure to choose a king or queen-size bed depending on these factors:
- Space available inside your bedroom: You need to have at least 2 feet of free space on three sides of your bed. This depends on the amount of other furniture that you need in the room.
- The number of people using the bedroom: You can order your bed size according to a single person or two people or more if you have children.
- Preferred sleeping position: if you are a still sleeper then a small bed size will be perfect, but if you or your partner moves around a lot then you will require a larger bed.
- Body size: you also need to consider your height and size when choosing your bed size.
Why is it important to choose the right bed size?
Choosing the right bed is quite important as it impacts numerous aspects of your life which include:
- Comfort: When you come to bed after a day full of work, you want to feel relaxed and comfortable. When you choose the right bed size, you will get ample space that helps you experience comfort in your mind and body.
- Sleeping style: It is very difficult to change our sleeping patterns so if you are a Reef restless sleeper or your partner sleeps in varying positions then you will require more space in your bed. A queen-sized bed will not be comfortable for your requirements as you will jostle for space throughout the night which will hamper your sleep.
- Bedroom aesthetics: The bed is the main element that enhances the aesthetic beauty of your bedroom. If you place a king-size bed in a medium-sized room can make the space appear overcrowded and cramped. However, placing queen size bed in the huge bedroom will also make it look out of place, which will impact the visual beauty of the bedroom.
Q.1- Is the king-size bed larger than queen size bed?
Yes, a king-sized bed is bigger than a queen-sized bed. A king-sized bed has a length of 80 inches and a width of 76 inches. A standard queen-sized bed has a length of 80 inches and a width of 60 inches. So a king-sized bed is 16 inches wider than a queen-sized bed.
Q.2- Is a king-sized bed better or a queen-sized bed better?
Both king-size and queen-size beds are great options and they offer the same space in terms of length. The difference is in the width of the bed but you need to consider other factors like your size, the number of people sleeping, your sleeping position, or the size of the bedroom.